Has your weather been crazy like ours in Southern Ontario?! So far this spring it goes like this; morning the sun is shining, birds tweeting and the flower buds are just popping out. Mid day the skies suddenly turn an ominous grey, the wind picks up and ice pellets pound to the ground. Old man winter, you need some beauty sleep - off with you to hibernate!
Days like that call for comfort food! Much thanks to my daughter's boyfriend for finding this corn bread recipe! I have not enjoyed corn bread for many years. With 3 out of 4 in our family gluten-free, corn bread is a welcome addition to my recipe box. It is a great side dish to team up with chili on a cold day.
Gluten-Free Corn Bread
1 3/4 cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 8×8″ pan.
2. In a small bowl combine cornmeal, baking powder, and salt and whisk well with a fork.
3. In a medium sized bowl beat eggs and mix in honey, milk, and melted butter.
4. Mix dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Pour into greased pan, and bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting. Serve with lots of butter (obviously).