Random 5 Friday - Thoughts on Creativity
1. So I'm stepping out of of my comfort zone this week and trying to be a bit more creative. Week 6 for my photography group studying "The Visual Toolbox", we spent time experimenting with "Intentional Camera Movement" and getting creative. It was actually harder than I thought it would be but a lot of fun. The smaller images show what I was taking a photo of.
2. Like many I like to listen to Brooke Shaden because she is a very passionate-giving artist who loves to inspire others. Brooke talks about "Why you need to take risks to make your dreams come true." She goes on to explain "What we need in this world is people willing to be unique." It goes beyond that though - well worth taking the time to watch.
3. Dizzy yet? I love going back and looking over old photos to rethink how I can improve them. This photo was taken just when I got my first DLSR and was my first attempt at radial zoom. I tweaked it a bit with colour boost and a bit if sharpening. A great resource on techniques to create zoom bursts.
4. A few local photographers got together at a local park after sunset. We brought along flashlights and glow sticks to experiment with light painting. I opted to not volunteer to sit on this piece of the playground equipment and frantically twirl about while holding a flashlight. Not the most wonderful photo but this night rates high on the scale of fun things to try!
5. Have I inspired you to branch out and try a new techniques? Take a look at these 100 Creative Photography Lessons for some more ideas.